Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why you should eat more walnuts

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like of all the nuts out there, almonds get the most recognition. I'm always hearing about how healthy almonds are-- low in saturated fat, high in protein, no cholesterol, and high in minerals and nutrients.

Which is great. I love almonds.

But I recently found out about how healthy walnuts are. And I'm wondering, why has this never been brought to my attention before?!

Image via here.

According to a study conducted by researchers at Marshall University, a handful of walnuts a day may reduce the spread of breast cancer. Walnuts contain almost twice as much antioxidants as other common nuts.

And apparently they also lower blood pressure during stressful situations. Who knew?

I don't know about you, but I plan on adding walnuts to my grocery list this week. Cereal or oatmeal with walnuts in the morning? Yes, please!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love Walnuts. I think they are tasty. I just think they're a bit pricey. Grr. Why can't tasty and healthy foods also be cheap?