Monday, February 6, 2012

On my mind.

Hello friends.

It's been a long time. Too long. I'm not even completely sure why I haven't written in such a long time. Many days I've thought about writing; about sitting down and starting the blog up again. But every time I went to do so, I hesitated-- and then held back altogether. And of course, the more time that passes, the harder it is to go back to something.

I want to write-- I LOVE to write-- but I guess I just don't have anything specific to write about. I need a direction, but instead my mind wanders all over the place. The problem isn't a lack of inspiration-- in fact, quite the opposite. EVERYTHING inspires me. But I feel like if I talk about everything, my blog will just become a muddled, disorienting place.

I know I'm not a fashion blog. Or a photography blog. Or a book blog, craft blog, home and garden blog... I started out wanting this to be a place of inspiration-- things that inspire me, get me excited, make me want to celebrate life and dance in the rain. But since I find inspiration everywhere-- literally, everywhere-- it gets a little overwhelming.

Sometimes I want to write about a DIY project I completed, or a recipe I tried and loved. Other times I want to discuss how the wind blowing on my face made me spend twenty minutes reminiscing of summers past. Sometimes I want to share articles I've found encouraging, or pictures of outfits I enjoy. Once in a while I like to discuss the books I'm reading, my plans for the future, or how a crack in the sidewalk looks like a heart and makes me happy. Truly happy. Does that make sense?

Image via here

Anyway, I digress. Although I haven't quite found a flow for this blog, a reoccurring theme or what-have-you, I shall continue. Even as I lay here in bed writing this, I'm still not sure what suddenly inspired me to jump right back in. Why today, February 6th? Why not a few months ago? What's taken me so long?

If you are still around after all of this time-- thank you. And hello again.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I would love to see this hodge podge of interests. I prefer non-niche blogs. I feel like I get the whole picture of a person and really get to know them. Whatever you write, it will be genuine and genuinely interesting.

Jenn said...

My lovely Lite Brite,
I so love that your blog doesn't have a specific theme. I love hearing about the sales you come across, the crafts you make, the things that bring you joy...All of these things are what make you unique, and why you're such a wonderful friend. I say keep writing what you have been, it is much more interesting :)