Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quiche Pie

This evening I made quiche pie for my husband. Now, I know most people refer to quiche as a breakfast thing, but have you ever tried a dinner version? They are delicious. My mom used to make this for us all of the time, and I love it! And this recipe is so simple. Just mix together a handful of ingredients, toss in the oven-- and voila! A hot meal ready for the table.


(Sorry for the lousy pictures-- they really don't do the quiche any justice!) 

Ingredients:
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. Miracle Whip
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. grated cheese
1/3 c. chopped green onion

Directions:
Brown the ground beef and drain. Mix together other ingredients and add browned beef. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour in pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until firm.

That's it! Simple but comforting. I love food that reminds me of home.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

This looks delicious! I will have to remember this :)

Anonymous said...

I love quiche - but have to say that I have never heard of having it for breakfast. Maybe that is just a difference between the Americans and the English who knows! I am used to it served cold on a lovely summer evening with a crisp salad and a glass of dry white, and my favourite has to be mushroom quiche, jam packed with more mushrooms than you can imagine and lots of seasoning to really bring out their flavour...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Lou :-)

Kelly said...

We had quiche all the time for dinner growing up! It's so easy to just throw leftover veggies and some meat in. Yours looks awesome!