Monday, June 13, 2011

Meaningful Monday-- A garden close to my heart

Normally I post thoughtful quotes for Meaningful Monday, but today I decided to do something a little different. I want to give you a little tour of a beautiful garden that means a lot to me-- my mom's.

My mom loves to garden. She loves to hunt for garden art at garage sales, spend hours weeding and trimming her plants, browse through magazines and books for inspiration, and get creative with her green thumb. She takes a lot of pride in her garden and I think it brings her great pleasure and joy. Gardening is by far my mom's favorite past-time, and she actually finds something as simple as mowing the lawn relaxing. (That's how I know she is a dedicated gardener!)




 This used to be our playhouse when I was little. My grandpa built it for us!

 A rustic potting bench.

Love the country cottage/ shabby chic look. 


 That metal plant stake is actually a recycled part of a wheelbarrow! 

An up-close view. 



 Recycled light-switch covers. 

The shed.


She definitely has the country-cottage, shabby-chic, rustic and vintage look figured out-- I love every little detail of her garden (and I'm not just saying that because she's my mom!). Do any of you have green thumbs?

1 comment:

Mandee said...

what a great garden! I love it. I have a teeny weeny community garden plot. Can't wait for the real thing!