Monday, February 20, 2012

Turkey-Chipotle Chili

This evening I decided to try out another new recipe-- Turkey-Chipotle Chili from Self Magazine. You can find the original recipe here.


However, I must admit, my "chipotle" chili actually contained no chipotle! I thought I had some in the cupboard, but alas I did not. Therefore I substituted some Mexican-style chili powder and some crushed red pepper-- and it was delicious! I also think it was rather healthy-- I used low-fat ground turkey, and the other ingredients were simply veggies and beans. Also, it calls for 1/2 teaspoon salt-- I used half that amount. (Why not cut out some salt whenever possible?)

All in all, the recipe took about half an hour (but 15 minutes of that was simmering on the stove). It was very simple and the hubby approved, which makes it A+ in my book! I hope you try it and let me know what you think.

1 comment: